Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 4

So, after the awkward conversation (at the lesbian fest, Melissa Etheridge concert) that informed me of my girlfriend not wanting me to be "big" forever, I have decided to once again begin the task of losing weight.

Who cares, you ask? Millions of people want to lose weight, so why should you read this? Well, you probably shouldn't. You yourself may need to lose weight, and if so, stop sitting around reading this and start your own weight loss. If your thin (I hate you!) then you probably have tons of thin people things to do, like shopping for cool clothes or not thinking about food.

I'm writing this because I need to be accountable to someone, even if it is just my imaginary blog readers. Like a lot of other people, I find it difficult to stick with things. My family and friends have been through this with me more times than I care to remember and I'm simply too embarrassed to get them all riled up again.

I have tried to lose weight a hundred times. I even suceeded once. I was so sick of being fat, alone and unhappy that I lost 80 pounds on the Jenny Craig program. As soon as I lost the weight I started dating and met my girlfriend, "DJ". (She's the one who doesn't want me to be "big" forever.) DJ and I have eaten our way through the past 2 and half years and I have those 80 pounds back as a souvenir.

Anyway, so back to the awkward conversation. Basically DJ asked me what would inspire me to lose the weight that I am constantly complaining about and I said...a trip to India. I figured going to India would be one of those once in a lifetime kind of things, and if I lost this weight, it's going to be the last time in this lifetime. Well, that and I love Bollywood films and have this secret (not anymore) fantasy that if I go to India all thin and hot they will cast me as an extra or something in a Shah Rukh Khan movie. A girl can dream, right!?!

So today is day 4 in my quest to lose the 60 pounds (DJ picked the amount) and so far so good. I decided to forgo the usual diets and try something else. I have given way too much money to the King of burgers and Ronald McDonald and good old Wendy, so I decided to cut out fast food. I'm cooking good meals at home with good ingrediants. I am taking the packaged and processed foods out of my diet and am cooking from scratch. I'm also giving up diet soda (much harder than I imagined) and am going to drink water instead. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to eat out anymore because I LOVE to eat out. What I decided though is that when I eat out I am only going to eat things that I can't make for myself and that I really love. I guess what I'm going for is eating healthy and in moderation.
If that doesn't work, then sign me up for the Lap Band or something!

So that's where I'm at. On Sunday, when I started, I weighed a whopping 236.5! (How mortifying!) I'm recording my weight loss in 5 pound increments, so hopefully we should see some progress soon.

Aloha for now,
Stellaice

2 comments:

  1. I'll root for you Stellaice! You sound like such a nice person it is easy to get in your corner. I wish you all the best and much encouragement. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, B. It's nice to have a cheerleader on my side.

    ReplyDelete