Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm glue-gunning into the future

My birthday falls right around the beginning of the school year which means that I would always get school supplies for presents. I think this has directly contributed to my obsession with notebooks, pens, organizer thingies, etc. Unfortunately this hasn't helped in my actually being organized or made me able to fill more than the first page or two of every cute little notebook I have ever purchased.
Anyway, I'm hoping to change my lackluster underachieving ways and have decided that the key to keeping on top of this whole healthy eating, losing weight to get to India is to have cute tools. (Any reason to buy a new notebook...I just can't stop myself!)
So I got a cupcake covered food journal, but I'm not 100% sure yet if the cupcake will inspire me to write in it, because it's so cute, or just make me want to eat one...or four. I got a backup journal just in case. (Yet another excuse to buy a journal!)

I also decided to make myself a weight loss countdown chart. This is a work in progress, as is my weight, and life in general, but so far I have the beginnings of my future mapped out.
As you can see, I haven't really gotten out of the first box yet, but I'm getting there. I think I've lost about 3 pounds so far, but all I've really done is stop eating fast food and drinking diet soda.
I know that I need to exercise, but the thought depresses me. I'll be honest. I'm lazy! I hate being outside unless it's in the pool (and it's still too cold for the pool, but besides, unless you can count floating, I don't actually exercise in the pool either).
Exercise indoors you say? I have a ton of exercise DVDs and Wii and an exercise bike and every other weight loss contraption that fat people have filling their attics and closets, but I don't use any of them either. I got a "Bollywood Dance Workout" DVD from Netflix the other day, and it was amazing, but I'm nowhere near their level yet. I'm still at the "watch the DVD from the couch level". (I've got a long way before Shah Rukh wants me in his next movie.)
Well, forget about the exercise for now. I'm going to focus on the eating part and if that means that I have to write in cute notebooks and glue gun charts to distract myself from eating, then so be it. I'm willing to make that sacrifice for the greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment