Thursday, April 22, 2010

But it's fruit, so it must be good for you!


Last night in baking class we made fruit tarts.

I've gone to bakeries before and have bought fruit tarts because they were so pretty, but like many things in life, they weren't as good as they looked. Because of these prior experiences, sadly, India became a little bit further away.

You see, since I didn't care about these little desserts, I had no plan and I was blindsided.
I got them home and convinced DJ (who had also been previously disappointed by them) to eat the little football shaped one. She did, then immediately asked for the other football shaped one. Now there is a whole lot that DJ doesn't like, and even though she tries to play it off, I can always tell when she doesn't like something I've given here. If she was happily eating two, I had to get in on the action.

I bit into the medium sized one (my favorite looking one) and realized I was in trouble. Let's just cut to the chase...I ate both of the round ones all by myself, and they were good!

For a minute I tried to rationalize it by telling myself that it wasn't that bad because it was mostly fruit, but who am I kidding?  So today I have to get back on the horse, or the wagon, or whatever, and make sure I steer clear of the fruit tarts for a while.

I'm still coming India...it just may take a little longer than I had hoped.

2 comments:

  1. These look so good. I am drooling. Nice presentation. I would have no idea how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stellaice! I'm just checking in to see how you are doing. I miss your funny posts but I know life gets crazy busy. I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete