Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I am currently in culinary school. I have no desire to become a chef, work in or own my own restaurant, and despite the fact that all my classmates think I'm "wasting my time", I really enjoy it.
I love to cook and want to be better at it for my own personal enjoyment. (And I also really love the uniform, which would have seemed weird if I bought it to just cook at home.)


(I know that this isn't the best picture, but we aren't allowed to have phones or cameras in the kitchen, and I was so pleased with my platter [The flower is made from vegetables stuck in gelatin. The rest of the stuff is sushi, palmiers with prosciutto and sunomono.] that I had to sneak this picture in.)

Anyway, tonight is cream pie night and I'm a little worried. Last time we made fruit pies. I got stuck with apple pie, which I'm not crazy about, so it was pretty easy to leave the finished pie alone.

The only reason I even bothered to taste it was because I thought it was cute and I always get duped by cute things.

The problem is, I like cream pie. Well, let's just put all my cards on the table and say I love cream pie. I need to be strong tonight. Maybe I'll accidently drop salt in the mix or something.

3 comments:

  1. Sending "Stay away from the cream pie" thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be pleased with that platter too! It looks fantastic!

    Oh, and good luck with the cream pie tonight. You can do it! I couldn't....but you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete