Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tell me a story, I'm all chins

So here's a little story from the garage sale DJ and I had yesterday.

First off, let me start by saying that I do not like garage sales. I don't like spending all my time nicely organizing things only to have people come and throw them around a few minutes later. It makes me sad to look at my clothes with the tages still on them, because I was being optimistic, but never did lose that last 10 pounds to get into them.

Anyway, so this woman, probably in her 50's (I'm don't know why that's imporatant, but...I'm giving you a mental picture), comes with her husband and is looking at my jeans. There's one pair that she's interested in but can't seem to find the tag with the size so she brings it to me to locate it.
 Being the good saleswoman that I am, I find and it happily tell her that they are a size 10. The woman turns to me and asks if they were mine, which I say they had been, at which point she looks me up and down and yells "Wow, what happened?!"
Mortified, I tell the woman the pants are a dollar and ask if she wants them. In the end the woman ends up paying 50 cents for a pair of pants that I spent $80 on and only wore twice. I mean really, if your going to insult me in my own home, the least you could do is pay full price!

Here's the thing...I have decided something. I'm taking back the power that I give other people to make me feel bad about myself. I'm a smart, often funny, responsible and talented woman. If someone doesn't like me...SCREW 'EM!!!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. I'm going to go think about how fabulous I am!

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog. You make me laugh and that's been in short supply lately. Thank you.

    And what a witch...some people! You showed much more class than I would have. But I'm with you... screw 'em! Life's too short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B. I have to admit that reading your blog kind of inspired me to not dwell on the crap and pay more attention to the good...so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are just rude sometime! I never quite understand it --I bet her mother would just roll over in the grave to know she did something like that.

    Chin up because in the end you have to be happy or any change you make will not stick (I talk from experience)! So just repeat to yourself (and yes this comes from me reading a book called Life is Hard, Food is easy), I am a person of worth, I am a person of worth, I am a person of worth. I would add and snotty people hold no worth to me. Just because I still can't believe that lady did that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM a person of worth! Thanks for the advice Felicia.

    ReplyDelete