Friday, April 16, 2010

Pietastrophe - Cream Pie Update

As luck would have it, I got assigned coconut cream pie in class the other night. This is a problem for two reasons:

1) I love coconut! I'm from Hawaii and it always reminds me of my mom and of home.

2) DJ is allergic to coconut, which means that if I brought the pie home I would be the only person eating it.

I decided that after all of the work I put into this pie, and for as many times as I got yelled at in class that night, I owed it to myself to at least be able to taste it and see if it was all worth it.

Let me tell you...it was!

So in the end there was only one thing to do. I took a delicious spoonful of coconut goodness and I "accidentally" dropped the rest of the pie in the garbage.
DJ freaked out asking what happened as we both stood stunned over the trash can. After a few silent tears I told her that the pie gave it's life for India, and for that I would always be grateful.

2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious (though I am not a coconut fan) but grats on the one bite and out! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Felicia. I felt kind of bad for wasting it, but it had to be done.

    ReplyDelete